1. POSITION VACANT: State Program Coordinators, Water.org, UMED Office, Navi Mumbai
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Water.org, headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, works to ensure safe water and sanitation for all.
Co-founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009, Water.org has impacted more than three million lives and transformed thousands of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America.
750 million people (about one in 10), globally lack access to safe water and 2.4 billion people (about one in three), do not have access to a toilet. Water.org serves these people.
Water.org through its WaterCredit Programs, goes beyond traditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, by focusing on innovative water and sanitation financing solutions to address the underlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large-scale and sustainable change.
Water.org’s program in India provides safe drinking water and adequate sanitation facilities to families living in rural and urban Indian communities in 14 states and one Union Territory viz. Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Telangana and Pondicherry (UT).
For more information, please visit, http://water.org/
About UMED Project
UMED- The Maharashtra State Rural Livelihood Mission (MSRLM) was formed under the aegis of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM). Registered under the Societies Act, UMED is an independent organization implementing NRLM in the state of Maharashtra. The mission of UMED is to reach out to 45 lakh poor households in the state and engage with them in a systematic and phased manner to help them overcome poverty. MSRLM is named as “UMED” which means ‘hope’ in Marathi.
Water.org and its partners will be providing Technical Assistance to UMED and other organizations in Maharashtra to launch and scale WSS financing programs. The project includes i) WSS financing advocacy to multiple stakeholders at the state, district and block levels on the importance of financing for the creation of sustainable WASH assets, ii) training concerned officers of the state government and related agencies, to enable them to educate the community in assigned areas to avail financing options available to them through various financial institutions.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Program Manager, India, the State Program Coordinator shall be responsible for implementing Water.org’s multiple programs in Maharashtra, working closely with various internal, government and private stakeholders.
The programs shall be executed in a disciplined, fast-paced manner, with defined milestone-based deliverables. The programs are currently in the inception and pilot phase and are expected to be rolled out nationally, over a three-year period.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Work within a global team environment to implement water and sanitation financing programs in Maharashtra;
(2) Oversee planning, coordination, reporting, implementation and monitoring of all programs undertaken in the state;
(3) Work with government, non-profits, multi-laterals and various international stakeholders, to ensure project goals and deliverables are well designed and documented;
(4) Ensure all programs are well executed against specific grants and objectives;
(5) Prepare periodic programmatic work plans and project budgets, in line with donor and mission conventions;
(6) Continuously monitor and supervise program activities, overseeing technical design, execution and evaluation of progress, through outputs and impacts, using both quantitative and qualitative data;
(7) Support and contribute to communications with staff regarding program deadlines, training objectives and monitoring/ evaluation activities;
(8) Provide leadership and guidance to field staff relating to direction and implementation of projects;
(9) Liaise with state, district and block administration and other line departments, local government and NGOs, to enhance their participation and collaboration;
(10) Assess training needs and ensure successful execution of objective-based adult learning programs, as needed;
(11) Manage training teams, ensuring adherence to training calendars, apart from coordinating with trainers on day to day basis for monitoring purposes.
5. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification: Applicants must possess MBA, M.Phil, MSW, or equivalent, from a reputed, globally recognized institute.
Specialization in Project Management, Micro Finance, Water and Sanitation or Rural Management shall be an advantage.
(1) Minimum seven years’ experience in managing multi-state projects, preferably in the areas of water, sanitation and hygiene;
(2) Applicants with strong experience of engaging with government, in the context of managing complex rural projects shall be preferred;
(3) Strong exposure to team management, with emphasis on working with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams;
(4) Prior experience of government programs shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Demonstrated leadership in managing multi-year projects, supported by government, bilateral or multilateral agencies;
(2) Strong analytical and presentation skills;
(3) Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate in both English and Hindi. Fluency in Marathi is desirable;
(4) Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work with various program leaders to bring about clear objectives and cohesive action plans;
(5) Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with those from various backgrounds and cultures;
(6) Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of individuals with diverse expertise;
(7) Demonstrated ability to plan, conceptualize and deliver effective programs.
6. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The selected candidate shall be offered a one year contract, renewable based on performance.
8. LOCATION: Navi Mumbai
9. REFERENCE: SPC-WO
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Senior Consultant Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House,
Bharat Nagar New Friends Colony,
New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before December 22, 2017. Please note that suitable candidates shall be contacted immediately by SAMS’ recruitment team.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. The organization is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.