1. POSITION VACANT: Field Coordinators- Training, Water.org, (Based at UMED District Offices), Maharashtra (6 vacancies)
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Water.org, headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, works to ensure safe water and sanitation for all.
Co-founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009, Water.org has impacted more than three million lives and transformed thousands of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America.
750 million people (about one in 10), globally lack access to safe water and 2.4 billion people (about one in three), do not have access to a toilet. Water.org serves these people.
Water.org through its WaterCredit Programs, goes beyond traditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, by focusing on innovative water and sanitation financing solutions to address the underlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large-scale and sustainable change.
Water.org’s program in India provides safe drinking water and adequate sanitation facilities to families living in rural and urban Indian communities in 13 states and one Union Territory viz. Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Telangana and Pondicherry (UT).
For more information, please visit, http://water.org/
About UMED Project
UMED- The Maharashtra State Rural Livelihood Mission (MSRLM) was formed under the aegis of the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM). Registered under the Societies Act, UMED is an independent organization implementing NRLM in the state of Maharashtra. The mission of UMED is to reach out to 45 lakh poor households in the state and engage with them in a systematic and phased manner to help them overcome poverty. MSRLM is named as “UMED” which means ‘hope’ in Marathi.
Water.org and its partners will be providing Technical Assistance to UMED and other organizations in Maharashtra to launch and scale WSS financing programs. The project includes i) WSS financing advocacy to multiple stakeholders at the state, district and block levels on the importance of financing for the creation of sustainable WASH assets, ii) training concerned officers of the state government and related agencies, to enable them to educate the community in assigned areas to avail financing options available to them through various financial institutions.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the State Program Coordinator, India, the Field Coordinator- Training shall be responsible for managing all Water.org critical and multiple training programs in Maharashtra, working closely with various internal, government and private stakeholders.
The post-holder shall ensure that all training programs are executed in a disciplined, fast-paced manner, with defined milestone-based deliverables. The programs are currently in the inception and pilot phase and expected to be rolled-out nationally over a three-year period.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Conduct field trainings for Block and Village-level officers and Panchayati Raj officials, on water and sanitation loan financing;
(2) Conduct facilitation workshops with program staff on water and sanitation loan financing solutions, ensuring dissemination of WSS financing knowledge to project block officers and clients;
(3) Document field level program activities, including training, sharing regular reports on the same with the Project Coordinator and L&D staff;
(4) Conduct WASH awareness workshops, either individually or with partner organization volunteers at the village level;
(5) Work closely with partner organization staff to implement water and sanitation interventions with focus on financial solutions;
(6) Ensure effective communication and the deployment of required interpersonal skills, especially with women, children and other vulnerable groups.
5. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification: Applicants must be graduates from a reputed institute, with specialization in finance, water and sanitation, women and gender studies, communication, social work, or equivalent.
(1) A minimum of three years’ experience in training and coordination, preferably in water and sanitation sector, rural marketing, or micro-finance;
(2) Applicants with strong experience of engaging with government, in the context of managing complex rural projects shall be preferred;
(3) Experience in class room led trainings, feet on street trainings and/or facilitating behavioral change workshops and campaigns;
(4) Experience in designing educational and behaviour change materials;
(5) Experience in training module design and facilitation.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Demonstrated skills in conducting end-to-end training from training needs assessment to evaluations and refresher training;
(2) Experience in conducting trainings and workshops for government bodies;
(3) Good report writing skills;
(4) Good written and spoken English skills. Fluency in Marathi shall be given preference.
6. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
The selected candidate shall be offered a one-year contract, renewable based on performance.
8. LOCATION/ DUTY STATIONS: UMED District Offices comprising Yavatmal, Thane, Solapur, Nandurbar, Jalna, and Wardha.
9. REFERENCE: FCT-WO
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House,
Bharat Nagar New Friends Colony,
New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before December 22, 2017. Please note that suitable candidates shall be contacted immediately by SAMS’ recruitment team.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. The organization is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.