1. POSITION VACANT: Cardiovascular Health Officer (CVHO), Vital Strategies, Madhya Pradesh
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Vital Strategies is a global public health organization which aims to build a world where every person is protected by a strong public health system. Headquartered in New York City, Vital Strategies is involved in projects in more than 60 countries around the world with staff and offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and South-East Asia. In India, Vital Strategies has presence in areas of tobacco control, road safety, data for health initiative, etc.
Vital Strategies’ global team combines evidence-based strategies with innovation to help build stronger public health systems and workforces; develop sound health policies; manage global projects; undertake epidemiologic and operational research and program evaluation; and design strategic communication for policy and behavior change.
Vital Strategies is an independent affiliate of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), whose mission is to bring innovation, expertise, solutions and support to address health challenges in low- and middle-income populations. Founded in 1920, with its Head Office in Paris, The Union today is both a non-profit institute with five scientific departments and several offices worldwide and a federation of close to 3,000 organisations and individuals who are committed to the same goals.
The Cardiovascular Health Officer (CVHO) shall be engaged through The Union to provide services in connection with the India Hypertension Management Initiative through “Resolve to Save Lives” initiative of Vital Strategies.
For more information, please visit https://www.vitalstrategies.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Initially reporting to the Country Director, Vital Strategies, the CVHO shall work at the state capital and/or district levels, along with other stakeholders, to assist the State Health Department of Madhya Pradesh, to build their capacity for running a successful hypertension control program that aims to achieve target control rates at population level. Areas of work shall include cardiovascular health.
This is an exciting opportunity for outstanding public health professionals, to join an ambitious new initiative under the technical leadership of a globally respected public health organization, that shall positively impact the state of cardiovascular health in the country.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Accelerate implementation of hypertension treatment protocols at the national, state, and/or district levels, depending on site placement;
(2) Technical support to the government at different levels and its partners for planning, training, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation of hypertension treatment and control activities;
(3) Technical support for extending the services for hypertension management to the community level and thereby provide patient-friendly services. Technical support to health facilities and community level workers in timely, accurate and complete documentation of patient blood pressure and status, as well as on aggregate reporting of hypertension data (eg, prevalence, treatment, control) using a standardized recording and reporting system, which could be paper and/or electronic;
(4) Visits to facilities at the district, sub-district and institution level to develop capacity of program staff to assess and improve the quality of service delivery based on their data and to document good practices;
(5) Validate reported clinical data by triangulation of records and reports and patient interviews; and build capacity of government counterparts for same;
(6) Regular analysis and interpretation of surveillance and epidemiological data to support appropriate follow up actions by the government and partners;
(7) Facilitate uninterrupted drug supply at all levels by building capacity for drug logistic management at State and district levels;
(8) As a technical expert make presentations, draft reports and strategic documents required for decision making and implementing at district and in the state;
(9) Liaise and coordinate with partner agencies, non-governmental organizations, health facilities, professional bodies, and others to strengthen programmatic activities;
(10) Build capacity of the government at different levels in training including preparation of a training plan and training of trainers, district level trainings, etc. Assist in development and revision of training modules for various cadres of staff;
(11) Liaise with national, state, and/or district level authorities and key non-governmental partners to enhance political and administrative commitment for hypertension treatment and control;
(12) Guide the work of Cardio Vascular Health-Senior Treatment Supervisors (CVH-STSs) in the districts and provide timely feedback to ensure high quality delivery of assigned tasks to them;
(13) Provide regular feedback and reports to the hiring agency on adherence to clinical treatment protocols and performance on hypertension control based on clinical data and public health surveillance measures;
(14) Coordinate with other CVHOs in the state and at national level for accelerating effective implementation of the program; work in unison and close coordination with the government counterparts at duty station (state or center);
(15) Other technical assistance activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by the hiring agency.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification and Experience:
(1) Applicants must have an MBBS;
(2) Applicants must have at least two years of experience in implementing public health projects/ programmes in association with the government;
(3) Post-graduation in public health or general medicine shall be an asset;
(4) Candidates with prior experience of having worked in the area of cardiovascular health, in addition to experience of program implementation, shall be at an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
(2) Ability to make oral and written presentations on technical issues;
(3) Ability to write detailed, coherent, and concise briefing documents;
(4) Fluency in spoken Hindi, along with fair reading and writing skills shall be preferred;
(5) Willingness and ability to travel (upto about 15 days in a month) to the district and sub-districts.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Indicative Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 18 lacs per annum. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
The successful candidates shall be issued an initial consultancy contract for a period of one year, extended annually based on performance.
7. LOCATION/ DUTY STATION: Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh
8. REFERENCE: CVHORM-VS
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position, are requested to visit https://goo.gl/ypWoFJ and apply along with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before March 4, 2018.