1. POSITION VACANT: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator, Water.org, Delhi, India
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Water.org, head quartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, works to ensure safe water and sanitation for all. Co-founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009, Water.org has impacted more than three million lives and transformed thousands of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America. 750 million people (about one in 10), globally lack access to safe water and 2.4 billion people (about one in three), do not have access to a toilet. Water.org serves these people. Water.org goes beyond traditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, focusing on addressing the underlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large-scale and sustainable change. Water.org’s program in India provides safe drinking water and adequate sanitation facilities to families living in rural and urban Indian communities in 11 states and one Union Territory viz. Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry (UT). Water.org offers both grant and Water Credit programs in India.
For more information, please visit, http://water.org/
3. JOB SUMMARY:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) shall be responsible for managing Water.org’s specific monitoring and evaluation activities, supporting program teams and data management systems, and facilitating the sharing of Water.org program.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
(A) Monitor and Evaluate Governance and Processes
(1) Contribute to the development of guidelines, processes, and tools, to improve governance of minimum standards across Water.org programs, in conjunction with Water.org global standards;
(2) Assist MEL team in design, develop, implement and continuously improve, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems;
(3) Manage monitoring and evaluation related work flow processes among India program staff;
(4) Help in training and support to program staff to maintain consistent monitoring tools and indicators;
(5) Ensuring timely, correct and complete reporting from all the reporting entities:
(6) Sharing programme performance with the team on a regular basis and bringing out critical issues and adverse performances, if any;
(7) Coordinate to fulfilling data needs of different stakeholders;
(8) Identify need for different reports from the online M&E solution to help better programme performance monitoring including timely data submission and compliance.
(B) Management Information Systems-data analysis and reporting
(1) Maintain Water.org’s program management information systems viz. WaterPortal and mWater for India programs and initiatives and provide technical support to in-country program staff;
(2) Support and contribute to communications with staff regarding WaterPortal and mWater related updates;
(3) Work closely with US MEL team for data management related to WaterPortal and mWater and seek support from US MEL team if any inconsistency in report and program data.
(4) Coordinate with India PMs in relation to compliance with WaterPortal and mWater.
(5) Bring any critical issues related to WaterPortal and mWater to MEL team and program team;
(6) Able to conduct training on MIS and WaterPortal to PMs and Partners;
(7) Ensure that PMs has submitted and verifies report timely with accuracy of data;
(8) Ensure that India PMs has updated dynamic periodic update on WaterPortal;
(9) Work with program and US MEL team to ensure the quality, timeliness, and relevance of India program data;
(10) Manage program data generated through international programs and engagements and check quality and consistency of data;
(11) Conduct analysis of partners program data and respond to program data-related requests from internal and external stakeholders;
(12) Coordinate with Water.org partners and respond to technical challenges with partners’ data entry and reporting, liaising with other program staff;
(13) Collection and collation of required data from all reporting entities;
(14) Assist program teams in data analysis;
(15) Coordinate partner feedback loops on MEL related activities.
(C) Research and Learning
(1) Coordinate and provide necessary field support to research and learning initiative in the program including action research and pilot initiatives;
(2) Assist MEL team and program team members and in country with third parties to collect timely, relevant, and accurate programmatic evaluation data
(3) Support a learning environment leading to evidence based advocacy and programming
(4) Support MEL team in designing of baseline and end line studies and coordinate their conduct through external agency
(5) Support India MEL team as well as US MEL team in formalising research work for timely and relevant data collection
(6) Support India and US MEL team in data collection/cleaning and analysis
(7) Support India and US learning manager in supplying relevant data, developing and facilitation of participatory spaces among partners.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification: Applicants must possess a Master’s degree in population studies, statistics, social work, health, economics, management, or alternate relevant field.
A minimum of five to seven years of relevant, professional experience in:
(1) Monitoring and Evaluation and experience of working on large-scale development projects, including government PPP initiatives;
(2) Data visualizations and distilling key findings;
(3) Partners management with ability to work with various project leaders;
(4) Data analysis and Survey development, administration and analysis;
(5) Experience of large scale data management and knowledge of SPSS and STATA;
(6) Online data management and experience of managing online data portal.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Fluency with spreadsheets and databases;
(2) Strong English skills, ability to effectively communicate with U.S. based MEL team regularly;
(3) Strong analytic skills;
(4) High level of integrity and honesty;
(5) Self-starter who can initiate, implement and complete projects;
(6) Emotional intelligence;
(7) Nimble Learning– Actively learning through experimentation when facing new problems;
(8) Drives Results – consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances;
(9) Self-development– Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using other formal and informal development channels;
(10) Optimize Work Processes– Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement;
(11) Monitoring and evaluation best practices, particularly within international development:
(12) Efficient in tracking targets, data management, and reporting;
(13) Creating and implementing efficient and effective processes;
(14) Ability to conduct basic research and data analysis.
(15) Integrating program learnings into M&E activities;
(16) Fluency with data management and analysis tools such SPSS and STATA:
(17) Understanding of microfinance and/or water and sanitation crisis strongly preferred;
(18) Ability to rapidly learn new systems and technological tools and transfer those learnings to colleagues;
(19) Demonstrated flexibility and comfort operating under tight deadlines.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: MEL-CO-WO
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Senior Consultant Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. 1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025 Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to urgently apply using the link https://goo.gl/KT7WJZ , with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before January 22, 2018. Please note that suitable candidates shall be contacted immediately by SAMS’ recruitment team.
(Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Water.org is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming work environment.)