1. POSITION VACANT: Admin & Program Assistant, International Non-profit Organisation, Mumbai
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Our client is a Section 8 company and a fully owned, non-profit subsidiary of a respected US charity. Our client has direct operations in Maharashtra.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director for Sustainable Manufacturing at our Client’s office in Mumbai, the Admin & Programs Assistant shall be responsible for managing the entire administration activities of the organization including file management, purchase management, office maintenance and facility management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Serve as the front office and the face of the organization for visitors and incoming calls;
(2) Make logistical arrangements, including travel reservations and hotel and vehicle arrangement for staff, visitors/ partners, donors, consultants, volunteers etc., as per organisational norms;
(3) Provide efficient administrative, logistics management, equipment, infrastructure and inventory management support, to ensure smooth functioning of the office;
(4) Support the development, administration and timely renewal of contracts for all office-support services, including suppliers of services/ equipment and maintenance;
(5) Take care of day-to-day office maintenance/ cleanliness and hospitality;
(6) Coordinate with program staff for handling day-to-day administrative and operational issues;
(7) Identify and maintain database of various service providers, such as printers, travel agencies, plumbers, electricians, IT solution providers, etc. required by the organization;
(8) Supervise support staff (Admin Assistants and House Keeping Assistants) at the state office;
(9) Handle office expenses and petty cash with proper approvals;
(10) Coordinate meetings, events, workshops and other similar activities;
(11) Help with accounts related documentation and filing at the Mumbai Office;
(12) Perform other organizational activities, as assigned from time to time.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution.
(1) Candidates must have a minimum of three years’ of progressively responsible experience in office administration and logistics coordination, with a reputed, well-managed organization;
(2) Prior exposure to the development sector, though not essential, will be an added plus.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
(2) Ability to speak, read and write in Hindi;
(3) Mature with ability to independently handle the range of administrative responsibilities with emphasis on vendor coordination and ensuring quality delivery of services;
(4) Proactive with ability to independently trouble-shoot and resolve problems;
(5) Strong integrity and work ethic;
(6) Open to handling basic documentation responsibilities relating to accounts;
(7) Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position ranges from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- per month, but shall not be a constraint for the right candidate. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Mumbai
7. REFERENCE: APA-INPO
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position, are requested to apply with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before January 19, 2018
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified women candidates to apply.