1. POSITION VACANT: Programme Executive, Bharat Rural Livelihood Foundation, New Delhi
Government of India (GOI) has initiated Bharat Rural Livelihoods Foundation (BRLF) as an independent organization under the Societies Registration Act to facilitate civil society action in partnership with State and Central Government, for transforming livelihoods and lives of rural households, with an emphasis on women, particularly in the Central Indian Tribal Region.
BRLF is a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative and the Foundation is constituted as a partnership between Government on the one hand and private sector philanthropies, public and private sector undertakings (under Corporate Social Responsibility) on the other. Major functions of BRLF will be to provide financial grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to meet their human resource and institutional costs for up-scaling of proven interventions, invest in institutional strengthening of smaller CSOs and capacity building of professional human resources working at the grassroots.
The General Body and Executive Committee of BRLF are constituted by eminent individuals as well as ex-officio representatives from private philanthropies, public and private sector organizations, financial institutions, State Governments and GOI.
For more details, please visit our website: www.brlf.in
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Lead Programme, the Programme Executive shall be responsible for program coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and developing, managing and fostering stakeholder relationships. S/he shall also be responsible for working on government-CSO collaboration and more particularly on monitoring and reporting of CSO partners including online reporting by them on the online solution Aid360.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Assist in appraisal process of project proposals submitted by CSOs;
(2) Regularly monitor programme progress and track budget utilization, both at programme partner level and for the overall programme on Aid360 online solution; (3) Review CSO narrative and financial reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations with regards to implementation and reporting;
(4) Assist in the preparation of documentation, annual reports, budgets, narrative reports and presentations related to the programme;
(5) Ensure documentation of best practices and writing of case studies;
(6) Facilitate capturing of knowledge and Organize dialogues, reflection meetings to promote knowledge exchange, including on e-platforms;
(7) Facilitate smaller CSOs/ CBOs in proposal development, work plan and budget development using Aid360;
(8) Maintain and regularly update the project information and management system and ensure that it is responsive to programmatic needs;
(9) Day-to-day liaison with CSOs and other stakeholders to develop close working relationships towards the efficient and effective implementation of program activities using Aid360;
(10) Assist in the preparation of documentation, budgets, narrative reports and presentations related to the programme for the BRLF Board;
(11) Facilitate and support external monitoring and review missions to the programme, including the preparation of relevant background material on the programme.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a Post Graduate degree from any recognized university; preferably in Rural Development, Social Sciences, Development Studies, and Development Management.
(1) Minimum 3-5 year of experience in rural development/ rural livelihoods/ capacity building or related areas;
(2) Experience of working on government-CSO collaboration, credibility with either government or CSOs;
(3) Experience in implementation of development programme in rural development/ livelihoods;
(4) Experience of working with civil society organizations/ CSR groups/ and philanthropic organizations;
(5) Experience of working with rural enterprise development/ income generation programmes/ with producer companies/ CBOs is desirable;
(6) Experience of working with Government, or in Government created missions/ societies is an advantage;
(7) Practical experience in the Central Indian Tribal Region will be an advantage;
(8) Experience of working with donor agencies will be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Willingness to travel up to 40-50% of his/her time to the project locations across ten states of India;
(2) Ability to work in a multi-cultural/ multi-disciplinary team;
(3) Ability to multi-task and work well in such a team;
(4) Ability to work closely with and participate actively and in a fully co-operative manner as a member of a broader team;
(5) Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Hindi.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs.6-8 lacs per annum. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history, of the selected candidate.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. APPOINTMENT: This is a full-time position and the initial contract will be offered for a period of three years, which shall be renewable based on performance.
8. REFERENCE: PE-BRLF
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to urgently apply using the link https://goo.gl/EUCeJm, with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before February 15, 2018. Please note that suitable candidates shall be contacted immediately by SAMS’ recruitment team.
BRLF is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.