1. POSITION VACANT: Learning and Development (L&D) Specialist, Water.org, Delhi, India
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Water.org, head quartered in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, works to ensure safe water and sanitation for all. Co-founded by Gary White and Matt Damon in 2009, Water.org has impacted more than three million lives and transformed thousands of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Latin America. 750 million people (about one in 10), globally lack access to safe water and 2.4 billion people (about one in three), do not have access to a toilet. Water.org serves these people.
Water.org goes beyond traditional approaches to safe water and sanitation, focusing on addressing the underlying causes of this global crisis and innovating to deliver large-scale and sustainable change. Water.org’s program in India provides safe drinking water and adequate sanitation facilities to families living in rural and urban Indian communities in 11 states and one Union Territory viz. Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal, Assam, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry (UT). Water.org offers both grant and Water Credit programs in India.
For more information, please visit, http://water.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The L&D Specialist will develop and build knowledge and skills among Water.org’s partner network in India. S/he will play a critical role in developing WASH microfinance training material, facilitating small group learning events, and disseminating learning material to the partner network.
The L&D Specialist will work with the International Programs (IP) team and be based alongside other members of the India IP team at the India Liaison Office in Delhi, India. S/he will also work across other departments, as well as with staff members based in the US and other locations. This is a collaborative and facilitative role that demands focus and cultural sensitivity. The post-holder needs to be a highly-resourceful individual, with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and visual, writing/ editing, communication and research and analytical skills.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Development of L&D Strategy and Processes
(1) Assess relevant learning and development needs of Water.org partners, including requisite assessment methods and measurement systems;
(2) Collaborate with different departments and stakeholders to understand learning needs, for Water.org’s India partners;
(3) Assist in the development of L&D strategy and manage associated project, work, and budget plans, related to behavioral and adult learning for the Water.org-India program;
(4) Design and lead participatory learning processes and initiatives for Water.org-India partners;
(5) Make recommendations regarding L&D strategy and practices.
(B) Developing and Managing L&D Tools and Materials
(1) Design and produce a suite of learning and development templates for packaging information into different materials and formats, including technical and high level summaries depending on purpose and partner needs;
(2) Work with subject matter experts and conduct independent research to develop training plans that address identified knowledge and skills gaps;
(3) Develop and support collaborative processes for the development, utilization and sharing of learning materials; including short videos, guidebooks, brochure, pamphlets etc.
(4) Collaborate with the US-based Learning Manager on developing templates and other L&D collateral.
(C) Capacity Building and Facilitating Information-related Activities
(1) Train partner and Water.org program staff in the effective use of L&D materials
(2) Facilitate capacity development training sessions or small-group events for partners;
(3) Coordinate partner Water-Sanitation training with partners, including hold dedicated Train the Trainer sessions at multiple cities;
(4) Develop and disseminate practitioner-level information for Water.org-India’s partner network which includes health and hygiene modules, IEC materials and lending descriptions for water and sanitation;
(5) Collaborate with staff on materials for events/conferences/presentations;
(6) Liaise with staff to identify and cultivate external stakeholder needs. Based on partner staff performance, identify L&D gaps and establish specific training programs for champions, new employees, refresher courses, A/V & online content etc.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a Master’s in International Development Studies, Communications, Finance, Training or other relevant field.
(1) Five years of relevant professional experience in designing and delivering behavioral and technical training programs;
(2) Understanding of international development, with prior experience in the microfinance and/or water and sanitation sector, will be preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions;
(2) Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder;
(3) Driving Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances;
(4) Collaborating - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives;
(5) Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using other formal and informal development channels;
(6) Optimizing Work Processes – Determining the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with emphasis on continuous improvement;
(7) Managing Ambiguity – Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear;
(8) Instilling Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity;
(9) Financial Stewardship - Demonstrating fiscally responsible decision making as applicable to her/his role;
(10) Mobility– Willing to travel periodically for stakeholder meetings, conferences, Water.org locations and places of business interest, approximately 25% of time;
(11) IT Proficiency: Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, design software and knowledge exchange platforms, with focus on platform design & management;
(12) Ability to design and coordinate work-flow processes, conduct basic research and data analysis;
(13) Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with those from various backgrounds and cultures;
(14) Excellent communication, persuasive writing and editing skills;
(15) High ethical standards to ensure those we reach with WSS solutions always come first;
(16) Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, work effectively and efficiently execute multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Delhi, India
7. REFERENCE: LDS-WO
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply along with a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, by or before January 22, 2018.
Candidates are urged to apply immediately, as tele-interviews with strong applicants, are likely to be initiated almost right away.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Water.org is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming work environment.